Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Must Read

As I said a couple of posts back, I honestly believe that if the mainstream media had even a shred of integrity, this election would be over for Barack Obama. In fact, we would currently be choosing between Senator Clinton and Senator McCain. Whatever their motives, the members of the media are absolutely determined to get Barack Obama elected. His credentials simply do not merit the admiration and support he has received from the left. I'll say it again: He's good at speaking and winning elections. But in my mind he has proven himself grossly under-qualified for the position he seeks.

For those of you who read Drudge, you've probably already seen this piece. If you haven't read it, please do. This is a fantastic piece, titled Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?, and it takes the media to task for its unabashed bias. It is very well written, and directly on point. On top of that, it is a quick read, so do it!

http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/081017light.html

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I've been wow-ed by the power of the media this election. After every debate there was the "fact check" report where someone who I don't even know comes on to tell me what was true and what wasn't from what was just said, and I'm supposed to believe that over anything either candidate said.

Any "fact" being reported in the media passes through the filter of the one reporting it, for right or for wrong. They take the liberty of pre-processing it and thinking for me so I don't have to think on my own.

For good or evil the media is incredibly powerful and even a slight bias either direction is huge.