Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Go Ahead and Take the Day Off to Vote ... Don't Worry, Pay-Day (Inauguration Day) Is Coming Soon!

Here is an Obama ad telling everyone to take the entire day off to vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFzkO5OhKY

Wait, isn't this the campaign that has people rounding up the homeless and driving them to the voting booths? No pan-handling for you today!

But seriously, how long does it take to vote? Is there really a need to encourage Obama supporters to be LESS productive in today's economy? I guess the average Obama voter is going into the booth with $$$ in their eyes anyway. Why not take the day off? Pretty soon The Chosen One will be giving you checks filled with other people's money!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Here's another one in WSJ article I just read, and as a lawyer, I thought you appreciate this one:

Speaking in July 2007 at a conference of Planned Parenthood, Obama said: "[W]e need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges."

Perhaps I'm naive, but I thought judges were just supposed to, you know, judge--based on the law, not based on empathy and feeling sad for people.

(Incidentally, in the same speech he mentions that he thinks we should have something like mandatory sex ed for kindergartners.)

EDS said...

OK, so the take-away is that Obama will nominate an old, gay, poor, disabled african-american, who gave birth during her teenage years, as the next SC judge ....

Actually, when you put it that way, I don't care if she is qualified either! That sounds pretty darn good!

And yes, that was the same speech in which he said we should teach Kindergarden students sex-ed because "it's the right thing to do." Speak for yourself, Comrade Obama. I don't want the government deciding what to teach my kids about sex in grade K.

Anonymous said...

Eric, what do you make of the McCain Campaingn senior official calling Sarah Palin a "whack job"?
And is she already running for the presidency in 2012? Is she throwing her runnng mate, McCain, "under the bus"?
Serious people want to know.
Best wishes to you,
Uncle Mike

EDS said...

Ha! I didn't hear that. Funny. I hope she's not running for 2012. By the time BO is done with this place, we're going to need someone better than that to fix everything!

I need to get your blog address, but I assume Lacey has it. Take care! Hope to see you soon. Lacey gets to visit before I do, but we'll all get out there some time.

Kristin said...

Eric for President! I'm gonna write your name in! Haha!