Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Be Careful What you Wish For ....

It's official. America chooses form over substance! OK, no big surprise there. But remember the old saying, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Well, American, you got it. The next question is, what will be the consequences? We don't know enough about Obama to know how he will govern, except that he is by far the most radically liberal President this country has elected.

I take small comfort in the fact that the Democrats did not get a super-majority in the Senate.

It is time for the Republican party to do some serious house cleaning (some of which the democrats took care of for us last night). It's time for new leadership and new faces. The old ones have abandoned too many of the principles that defined the party and made it great. It's a shame that the greatest expansion of government (until Obama gets in the big-boy chair) came from the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, you are right (and please don't take me for a patronizing wiseguy)--your party does need a serious housecleaning.
My perspective on this is US. Look what a mess my Democratic party has been for years and years and years.
Obviously I don't think things will be as bad as you predict, but we'll see.
Uncle Mike

EDS said...

Unfortunately, you're not going to like the kind of housecleaning I want :-)

It's true, the democrats have been in shambles. Actually, I think they still are, to a large extent. Obama is a phenom, but I don't think he represents a truly unified democrat party as to issues and ideology. The turn-around just seems to have been too abrubt. Look at the Reid and Pelosi Congress. Less popular than Bush. I may be wrong though. We'll see.