Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ancient Chinese Proverb: Man Who Throws Shoe at President Forfeits His Sole

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. Thought of that one all by myself. A couple of things struck me when I saw the video of this lunatic launching his size 10 Keds at President Bush:

1. Man, that guy has some decent aim. I'm thinking he's done this before.

2. Man, Bush still has some decent reflexes. Nice moves!

3. Man, what was the secret service doing between shoe throw #1 and shoe throw #2?

I always thought that if you are trying to do something to the president, you may be lucky enough to get the first shot off, but you would be on the ground before the second. I guess that is not the case. Maybe those guys are focused on Obama now. I mean, their supposed to be willing to take a bullet. At this point, they won't even take a shoe for the guy! I don't care if you've already screened everyone for weapons ... there's always the chance you missed something. And you're in Iraq, for crying out loud. I know we've made some serious progress, but I wouldn't think it is the absolute safest place for President Bush to be.

Although, I wonder if his approval ratings are higher there than here? I'd take that bet.

3 comments:

ang said...

ha ha!! this is so funny (and true)! i read it out loud to my brother AND paul, even though he already read it!

Pablo said...

Big day on Tuesday. Do you got your popcorn ready? I actually want to check out Bernie Goldberg's new book about good ol Obama and the media

Nathan said...

Now that the election is over we need some new controversy to discuss. If only they were about to spend $800 on some "stimulus" that might do it. Perhaps they'll bailout the airline industry again and keep printing money like it's going out of style.

Oh well.